Thursday, August 11, 2005

10 gallon divided betta tank














A 10 gallon divided up for bettas. I was finally able to reclaim it for my bettas after having had to clean it out and set it up for some blue ram juvies.
I have a mini penguin bio-wheel in the far left compartment and a box filter in the compartment on the far right. The sponge filter in one of the middle sections is being seeded for another tank. I like this setup because there are no live plants, I use only two incandescent lights. I have no algae to deal with in this tank so far as the filtration is more than adequate. I have concerns for the plants because they are plastic, but so far the betta are managing ok with them....no seriously torn fins...yet anyway. I used them because I happen to have them laying around and didn't want to spend a bunch more on silk. This is a nice, no frills, easy to maintain tank....good for a betta enthusiast who wants LOTS of bettas but doen't want to clean LOTS of tanks....lol......
Oh, one mention....the compartment with the filter in it may be too turbulant for bettas....right now I have a male ram in there...serious spat with the spouse while caring for fry..thought I would save his life and give them both a break...lol...I don't know if I'll be able to put him back in with the ole lady until the fry are out of there...(he's from my 20long planted)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home