Wednesday, December 31, 2008

New 29 reef






I finally got sick of the 29planted. I had stopped dosing with the flourish excel because it's pretty expensive and I didn't want to buy it anymore. Things went south pretty fast. Cyno, moldy gunk...etc...just plain ugly. Basically it just had too much nutrients in the substrate and I didnt' have enough light for the plants to be able to make use of it...so the cyno did...blah !

I moved the fish over into a 20hex I had laying around.....1 gold marble angel, 2 blue rams, 4 pristella tetra and a kuhli loach. The hex has a bare bottom and both filters from the 29 are running on it. I have a new home for them, just have to hold them till he gets his tank setup. I'm going to miss those fish...but I'm way into salt now and seem to have lost my interest in fw setups...ah well....

So.....after emptying the 29, I cleaned out the tank really well and tossed everything in. I had purchased about 20lbs of rock the week before...fully cured fiji for $3 a lb...great deal ! It has been sitting in tanks for a week and all looks good...so into the 29 it went...along with the 2 firefish and a new chalk bass I picked up. I'm not concerned about a cycle, but I'll keep an eye on things just to be sure. I do have a place to put the fish if it looks like it's cycling...no worries.

This tank sits between the livingroom and kitchen...high traffic and I can look at it while I'm eating...or sitting at the computer. I LOVE it !

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

seriously u got such a best collection.

4:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home